'To care for those that once cared for us is one of our biggest honours'
'To care for those that once cared for usis one of our biggest honours'

Funding Your Care

Social Services Funding

If you, or a relative or friend, need help to remain living at home, you may be entitled to financial support, either from the local Council or Benefits agency. Unlike care in hospital, care at home is not free, but, if there is only a little money available, the Council may be able to pay for a service. You will need to contact the Council’s Social Services department and arrange for a social worker to visit and carry out a needs assessment. After this, the Council will arrange for a homecare provider to deliver the service. This may be another provider or Professional Carers, if you wish to request our services specifically, please inform the council of this to discuss your option.


Direct Payments

If you care is provided through the coucil, then you may be entitled to service known as a direct payment. This meansan amount of money is paid by the Council to the person for the person to spend on their care and support. Ask your Local Authority Social Services department for more information on obtaining a Direct Payment. If more support than the Council can pay for is needed, or if there is no entitlement to financial support, then this will have to be paid for privately.


Private Funding

If you or a family member is paying for your own care and support, it is important you select a care provider that can address your wants, needs and choices, to ensure the support received is person-centred and focused on the chosen desired outcomes. If you would like to know more about the services we can offer, please do not hesitate to contact the local branch, click here and speak to a member of the team today.


Full details of funding available from your local council and how to access their services, click on the links below:-


For Wirral Residents - http://www.wirral.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/adult-social-care


For Edinburgh Residents - http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20076/adults_and_older_people

Professional Carers Head Office - Wirral 

221 Seaview Road



CH45 0JP


Professional Carers Training Centre

223 - 225a Seaview Road



CH45 0JP


Tel: 0151 638 4500

Email: info@professional-carers.co.uk

Professional Carers - Scotland

6 Elizabeth House

Unit 31 Royal Elizabeth Yard,


West Lothian,


EH29 9EN


Tel: 0131 319 1968

Email: info@professional-carers.co.uk


Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Professional Carers